Thursday, October 11, 2012

It Was Built In A Month.

Where are we?
In space. On a planet with the other people and phones.
Kiwi should have been a philosopher.
TELL THE STORY!!!

The bike portion is 6 miles. 1.5 out, 1.5 in, 1.5 out the other way, 1.5 in. There's sun and a tail wind in one direction and shade with a head wind from the other. Pick. Your. Poison. Had I been smart, I would have packed "running food" to eat while biking. ...had I been smart. Instead, I got water in me and put miles behind me.

Off the bike, into the run. 1.5 miles out, 1.5 miles back for an even 3. This is uneventful and I finish (females under 39, #50) before collapsing.

The drive home was the most exhausting part, as the adrenaline began to wear off. That night, I celebrated with friends and sangria and decided two things.

First, that was completely ridiculous and difficult and it still hurts to breathe after running with salt water filled lungs and I was gonna need at least 2 days of sleep to recover.

Second, that I would totally do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment