Monday, October 15, 2012

...And The Hedgies To The Senate.

So Kiwi wrote an entry. Cute.
Back to the story.

 I woke up at 4am. Not the early start I needed before running 13.1 miles on no training, no food, and no sleep. But that's okay. I grabbed an apple and walked a mile. Post walk, it was go time. Off to Pooler, Georgia for the FCA's race. Without training, I finished with a 2:36:32. (Scroll down to Half Marathon Results, 2nd page.) It was not my worst Half time ever and I got a cool medal for my efforts. (I totally run for the hardware.)

Back home, I took a nap and met up with friends for a late lunch and martinis. My martini bar features 300+ martinis. I always tell myself I'll try a different one. And then I always get the same thing.

The next day was just sore. So I ran 2.5 miles to get my muscles going and decided to work on my resume.


This story is stupid.
Um, pretty sure this is the same story you were insisting I tell a few days ago.
YOU LEFT ME IN THE CAR! I DIDN'T GET TO GO!
Oh. Is that the problem? Well, you took that picture after the race. You can upload that.
The one where you look like you just ran really far and need coffee-time and a shower?
That's the one. Go ahead.
PICTURE!!!!!!


LOVE, KIWI

You don't have to write "Love Kiwi" every time.
Yes, I do. I have fans and I love them. You just run. 
Okay. Fine.

We took Monday off and spent Tuesday dropping off resumes. 4 resumes and the last one turned into an interview on the spot. By Thursday, she'd called my references and asked me to come in to go over paperwork.

I would start the following Monday, the first of September. We just went from no certification to job in under a month. Honestly, my head still spins when I think of the effort (and huge amount of luck!) that went into that period of time.

...I helped.

Kiwi totally helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment