Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Thought You Said "Rum"

Usually, I'm the one yelling at Kiwi. Today it was turned around.

He tends to sit quietly while I do (or don't do) whatever I'm up to. But today he kinda lost it over my lack of updates. Allegedly, 3 classes, 10 client hours, 5 kids for 15 hours a week, running, and being in the paper don't cut it. For him, it is all about run-blog-run. So today, despite the fact that I've run 7 miles and worked out with clients, I am at the computer, unshowered, typing updates. Because Kiwi has a pretty mean glare.

So first, the Diva Half in April. This is a story best told in pictures.

First, Ultra Crew made tutus.


They were awesome!








For Kiwi, too.


Then we went to Myrtle Beach and got ready. I packed Gu and eyeliner. My sister packed wine. The packet pick up was horrible. The size medium shirt would have fit a teddy bear. And the "Diva Coach?" Some pretty boy who suggested runners not drink water. But back to the picture story...

That is SO a to-go cup at the start line!






At the start line, I lined up for the half marathon while Tiffany planned her 5k wine-walk. Off we go! I dodged divas and other tutus while Tiffany taunted the spectators with 3 miles of "Are you guys drinking coffee? ....I'm not!"

Even her walk pace had her finishing under an hour. I ran and enjoyed the scenery. In this case that was groups of daddies trying to corral their kids and homemade "Go Mommy!" signs, along with the single guys who set up Lemonade for Divas stands. A special shout out to the dad/uncle/next door neighbor who ran with the 15 year old girl in matching tutus and pink tech shirts while wearing a fuel belt for both. Sir, I do not know if you planned it from the beginning or were stepping up for someone who couldn't be there; but you win Male Role Model of the Year. ...you reminded me of my dad.

I finished with an unimpressive 2:21:35 and we went to find one of our friends who also ran (and PR'ed! GO NINA!!!!). From that point, it was back to the hotel to remove feather boas and tiaras. Oh yeah, Miss Walk'n'Wine? This was her at 10am:





....once she recovers, you can expect a guest post (Yeah!!!!!!) covering her race.


No comments:

Post a Comment